Xylocaine 5% Ointment
Why choose Xylocaine 5% Ointment?
Xylocaine 5% Ointment is a tried and tested local anaesthetic
- Lidocaine (lignocaine) is the most commonly purchased topical anaesthetic in Australia1 and is the active ingredient in Xylocaine 5% Ointment.
- Xylocaine products have been sold and used as a topical anaesthetic since 1948.
- Lidocaine (lignocaine) is the most commonly used dermal anaesthetic in Australian Hospitals.
1IMS Local anaesthetics by molecule in value and volume (as defined by Aspen and includes OTC and prescription products), MAT Dec 2018.
No added extras
Xylocaine 5% Ointment has no added colours or fragrances and is paraben free to reduce the chance of sensitivity reactions.
Something the whole family can use
- Xylocaine 5% Ointment is suitable for people of all ages including children from 2 years of age, adults and the elderly.2
- Can be used during pregnancy (category A) and in between breastfeeding.3
Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine if you are pregnant or plan to be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
2Always read and follow the directions on the packet.
3It is assumed that a large number of pregnant women and women of child bearing age have used lidocaine. No specific disturbances to the reproduction process have so far been reported.
Suited to your needs
- Xylocaine 5% Ointment is available in handy 15g and 35g tubes making it easy to carry, store and apply to painful and itchy skin
- With a shelf life of 48 months (when stored below 25oC) Xylocaine 5% Ointment can be kept in your family’s medicine cabinet, ready for use.
Where can I buy
Xylocaine 5% Ointment?
Enter your postcode below to find
your nearest pharmacy